Objectives of the Training and Placement Cell
Dibrugarh University has a full-fledged training and placement cell and it is an integral part of the University. The training and placement cell is committed to provide all possible assistance to its graduates and post graduates in their efforts to find employment. It is headed by Training and Placement Officer and is well supported by both faculties as well as student placement coordinators from various departments and centres for studies. The training and placement facilitation at Dibrugarh University is a year round activity to facilitate contacts between organizations and students. It assists in arranging pre-placement talks, written tests, group discussions, personal interviews, etc. Off-campus interviews are also arranged regularly. The training and placement cell also invites industry professionals to interact with students in order to identify the emerging opportunities in the corporate world. The culmination of the training and placement activities at Dibrugarh University is to provide opportunities to students in line with their competencies and to help find the best fit as per their requirements. This effort is directed at arriving at a win-win situation for both the students as well as the organizations.
- Companies are invited to the University by the Training and Placement Cell. The companies can also contact the Training and Placement Officer for their requirement.
- To the responding companies, the details of the final year students opting for placement are sent as per their requirement.
- The company is assigned a mutually agreed date for campus recruitment.
- A pre-placement talk is arranged on the assigned date before starting the recruitment process.
- The company conducts Aptitude/Technical test/ Group discussion/Personal interview as part of their preferred recruitment process.
- After the completion of the recruitment process, the company is expected to furnish the final list of selected students on the day of recruitment itself.
List of Recruiters of Dibrugarh University, 2015-2016
- Baldota Group
- Dalmia Cement
- HDFC Life
- MphasiS IT Services
- SAP Lab India
- TCG Life Sciences
- Wipro Technologies
- Zaloni Technologies India Pvt. Ltd.
A partial list of recruiters during past years( in alphabetical order)
- Asian Paints
- Aircel (Dishnet Wireless Ltd.)
- Alkem Laboratories
- Aviva Life Insurance
- Bharti Airtel Ltd.
- Biochem Pvt. Ltd.
- Coca Cola (I) Ltd.
- Canaro India
- Down Town Hospitals Pvt. Ltd.
- Geoenpro Petroleum Ltd.
- Goa Carbon
- HCL Infosystems Ltd.
- Indian Oiltanking
- ITC Ltd.
- IDBI Ltd.
- ICICI Bank Ltd.
- Jindal Mud Logging Co.
- Kotak Mahindra Finance
- Karvy Consultants Ltd.
- Modi Xerox
- Nestle India Ltd.
- National Informatics Centre (NIC)
- Numaligarh Refinery Ltd.(NRL)
- North-Eastern Development Finance Corporation Ltd. (NEDFI)
- Reliance Energy
- Reliance Telecom
- Tata Motors
- Wipro BPO
Industrial Training of Students
Summer/Winter Industrial Training Organizations
- All India Radio
- Assam Electronics Development Corporation Ltd. (AMTRON)
- Assam Gas Company Limited (AGCL)
- Assam Gramin Vikash Bank (AGVB)
- Assam Petro-Chemicals Limited (APL)
- Assam Power Grid Corporation Limited (APGCL)
- Assam State Transport Corporation (ASTC)
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
- Bongaigaon Refinery & Petrochemicals Ltd. (BRPL)
- Brahmaputra Valley Fertilizer Corporation Limited (BVFCL)
- Cairn India
- Coal India Ltd
- Doordarsan Kendra
- EMAMI Ltd.
- Essar Oil Limited
- Hindustan Paper Corporation Limited
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)
- Jay Bee Energy
- KARVEY Stock Broking Ltd.
- Korsa Energy & Infraservices Private Limited
- LGBI Airport, Guwahati
- Linux World Training and Development Centre
- Mobina Compu Academy Pvt. Ltd. (MCAPL)
- North Eastern Electric Power Corporation Limited (NEEPCO)
- Northeast Frontier Railway
- Numaligarh Refinery Limited (NRL)
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
- Oil India Limited (OIL)
- Organic Majuli
- PRAG News
- Rashtriya Gramin Vikas Nidhi (RGVN)
- Selan Exploration Technology Ltd
- State Bank of India (SBI)
- Tocklai Tea Research Institute
- TVS Motors
- XESP, Kolkata
Mr. Manuj Kumar Tamuli
Training & Placement Officer
Phone No. : 0373 2730053 (O)
How to Reach Dibrugarh
Dibrugarh, the industrial capital of upper Assam is well known for its vast treasure of minerals (including oil, natural gas and coal), flora and fauna and largest concentrations of tea plantations in the entire Assam.
The Dibrugarh University campus is well linked by roads, rail, air and waterways. The National Highway No. 37 passes through the University campus.
Where to stay?
We would be glad to make arrangements for your stay at the University guest house on prior intimation. Alternatively, there are several hotels at a five kilometer distance from the University campus.
R.K.B. Path, New Market
Dibrugrah-786 001, Assam
Phone No. +91 373 2325 442/3/4
A.T. Road, Marwari Patty
Dibrugrah-786 001, Assam
Phone No. +91 373 2324 303/07
Hotel Little Palace
A.T. Road, Marwari Patty
Phone No. +91 373 2328 702/703
Should you require any help in this regard, Training and Placement Cell would be glad to be of assistance.