The Project, Third phase of Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (referred to as TEQIP-III) is fully integrated with the Twelfth Five-year Plan objectives for Technical Education as a key component for improving the quality of Engineering Education in existing institutions with a special consideration for Low Income States and Special Category States (SCS) and support to strengthen few affiliated technical universities to improve their policy, academic and management practices.
2. Project Objectives
The Project will focus on the following objectives:
- Improving quality and equity in engineering institutions in focus states viz. 7 Low Income States (LIS ), eight states in the North-East of India, three Hill states viz. Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Uttarakhnad and Andaman and Nicobar Islands (a union territory (UT))
- System-level initiatives to strengthen sector governance and performance which include widening the scope of Affiliating Technical Universities (ATUs) to improve their policy, academic and management practices towards affiliated institutions, and
- Twinning Arrangements to Build Capacity and Improve Performance of institutions and ATUs participating in focus states.
3. Project Scope
Only the Government and Government aided AICTE approved Engineering institutions/Engineering faculty/Engineering Teaching Department/Constituent Institutions of Universities/Deemed to be Universities and new centrally funded institutions in SCS will be the part of the project.
An estimated 200 Government and Government funded Engineering institutions including Affiliating Technical Universities (ATUs) will be selected under different sub-components in one or two cycles.
4. Project Strategy
The project will be implemented in alignment with the 12th Five Year Plan (2012- 17), based on faster, sustainable, and inclusive growth. It emphasizes increasing the supply of highly-skilled workers to drive the economy, as well as helping low- income states catch up with their more advanced neighbours.
TEQIP seeks to enhance quality and equity in participating engineering education institutions and improve the efficiency of the engineering education system in focus states.
6. Committees formed for implementing TEQIP-III at D.U.I.E.T.
- DUIET TECHNICAL EVALUATION COMMITTEE
- Corrigendum No.3 regarding the NIQ No. TEQIP-III/2018/duie/Shopping/21
- Corrigendum No.2 regarding NIQ No. 19, 20, 21 & 22
- Corrigendum No.1 regarding NIQ No. 21
- NIQ for supplying MULTISIM Software
- NIQ for Constrution Work(Lab and Classroom partitions)
- NIQ for supply of goods (TV Set, Compter, Printer, Notebook, and Furniture) for TEQIP-III project
- Short Term Training Programme on “Reservoir Modelling and Simulation in EOR perspective”. For Online Registration click here
- Short Term Training Programme on "Emerging Trends in Mechanical Engineering"
- Special Lecture Series Programme organized by the Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- A report on the Workshop on "Outcome based Accreditation for Undergraduate Engineering Programs"