- Master's Degree: M.Sc. in Advanced Socio-Cultural Anthropology.
- Ph.D.: Topic: Socio-Cultural Contributions of the Ahoms in the formation of Assamese Nationality in Assam: A Study in Anthropo- Historical Perspective.
- Other: JRF and Six Month Training Course in Conservation of Cultural Property (NRLC, Lucknow)
- Research experience: 8 years.
- Laboratory experience: As Laboratory Assistant 14 years (1994-2008).
- Presently working as Museum Curator Since May, 2008.
Project Work :
- Project Title: “Cultural Heritage of Bamboo Artifacts of North East India”, Sub Title: Collection, Classification, Conservation, Interpretation, Exhibitions and Display Cultural Artifacts”. As a Project Coordinator, Project Sponsored by Ministry of Culture Government of India, New Delhi, Amount of Rs. 600000/- (ongoing project, 1st Phase completed) from September, 2013.
Seminar Paper Presented/Participated/Attended:
- Paper presented in the ‘National Seminar on Anthropology and Community, Organized by Department of Anthropology, Dibrugarh University, held in November 12 & 13, 1992.
- Paper presented in the ICSSR Sponsored National Seminar on ‘The Tais of North-East’, Organized by Institute of Tais Studies and Research, Moranhat, 1 & 2 December, 2002.
- Paper presented under UGC SAP-DRS Programmed National Seminar on ‘Ethnic Identity, Social Formation and Nation Building with Special Reference to North East India’, Organized by Department of Anthropology, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh, held in 26th and 27th March, 2007.
- Paper presented in the UGC Sponsored National Seminar on ‘Social Movement with Special Reference to North East India’, Organized by Department of Anthropology, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh, held in 26th and 27th March, 2010.
- Attended the National Seminar on ‘Ethnic Group of North East India Problem and Prospects’, Organized by Department of Anthropology, Dibrugarh University, held on 28th & 29th April, 1999.
- Participated in the International Seminar on River, Society and Sustainable Development, organized by Dibrugarh University, held on 26-29 May, 2011.
- Deliver a Lecture on ‘Conservation of Museum Objects’ in the Magherita College opening the Tribal Study Centre as Resource Person on 21st May, 2011.
- Delivered two Lectures on Topic: i) “Basic Care for Art Objects” and ii) “Practical Demonstration of Museum Objects”, as a Resource person, one day training programme on Museology, Organized by the Department of Anthropology, D.H.S.K. College, Dibrugarh, on 3rd May, 2014.
- Delivered a Lecture on Topic: “Anthropology and Museum”, organized by the Department of Anthropology, North Lakhimpur College, as a Resource person, held on 17th March, 2015.
- Delivered a Lecture on Topic: “History and Development of Museum and its Succeeding lines”, as a Resource Person, Institute of Tai Studies and Research, Moranhat: Assam, Three day workshop, in Collaboration with India Ghandhi National Centre for Arts, New Delhi, March, 28-30,2015
Training and Workshop:
- "Orientation Workshop on Care and Maintenance of Cultural Heritage" from 2nd to 13th August, 2004 (12 days, National Research Laboratory for Conservation of Cultural Property, Lucknow.
- National Workshop on ‘Statistical and Computing Method for Life Science Data Analysis’, held on 9th to 14th February, 2007 (6 days) organized by Department of Anthropology and Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata.
- Participated National Workshop on “Anthropology and Museum” 4th to 6th October, 2012 Organised by Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Manab Sangrahalaya, Bhopal.
- Participated ‘one day Meet of Museum Experts of Assam’ in connection with the seminar “Development of Museum”, held on 6th June 2007, at Srimanta Sankaradeva Kalakshetra, Panjabari, Guwahati.
- Participated in Workshop for ‘Review Curricula of Science and Social Sciences’, Government of Assam, held in 5th to 10th April, Tinsukia, 1997.
- Participated in the Pre-Service training on ‘Adult and Continuing Education Programme’ held at Dibrugarh University from 22nd to 24th February, 1995.
- Participated and approved Supervising officer by the Dibrugarh University authorities special camping programme of NSS at Moridhal College on 17th to 19th February, 2004.
- Participated N.S.S. Programme in the village level social work by the Dibrugarh University, 1990.
Academic related works:
- M.A./M.Sc. 2nd Semester Field work conducted by the Department of Anthropology, D.U. as a Guide and supervision held at Jengraimukh (Majuli) on 7th to 19th Febuary, 2016.
- M.A./M.Sc./M.Com. Previous and Final Examinations work closely related during the 1992-97.
- Medical Post- Graduate Entrance Examination held in 27th & 28th July, 2000 as Assistant officer-in-charge at Dibrugarh University centre.
- M.A. previous and Final Examinations( Distance Education) Dibrugarh University Centre as a Assistant officer-in-charge time to time from 2015.
- Officially assigned by Dibrugarh University authorities visited Don Bosco Museum, Shillong and Tripura State Museum (Ujjayanta Palace) Jointly, during the period of 22nd-25th July, 2015. Report already submitted.
- Ethno-Archaeological field work (jointly), 2 (days) on 4th and 5th March, 2016. Panimiri gaon and Madhupur Deori Gaon, Dibrugarh District.