Educational Qualifications: M.A. (Economics), M.phil,
Specialization: Econometrics and Mathematical Economics
E-mail: [email protected]
Econometrics and Mathematical Economics
Area of Interest
Studies related to
- International Economics
- Development Economics
- Indian Economy
- Labour Economics
Course / Papers Taught
Course : BALLB (Honours)
Papers Taught :
i) Micro Economics
ii) Macro Economics
iii) Public Finance
iv) Money, Banking and International Economics
Seminar Papers Presented
- Presented a paper entitled “A Study on the Educational Status of Women in Assam”, in the National Seminar on Emerging Issues of Human Development in Northeast India organized by the Department of Economics, Dibrugarh University, on 12th March, 2010.
- Presenteda paper entitled “Women and Environment: A Study on Actions and Impacts”, in the National Seminar on Women Development and North East organized by the D.C.B. Girls’ College Jorhat on 20th-21stMarch, 2010.
- presented a paper entitled "Male-Female Differential in Educational Achievement: A Study in Assam", in the International Seminar on Inclusion and Qualitative Expansion in Education -Issues and Challenges", Organised by the Department of Education, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh on 7th-9th, February,2013
- Presented a paper entitled “Female Workforce Participation in Assam- A District Level Study” in the UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Human Security and Women in North East India”, organized by Moram Mahila Mahavidyalaya in collaboration with LISPA on 23rd and 24th August, 2014.
- Presented a paper entitled “Human Development and Infrastructure- A Study in Assam” in the UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Poverty, Inequality and Economic Development in India”, organized by Department of Economics, Dibrugarh University on 29th March, 2016.
Seminars / Workshops attended
- Participatedin the National Seminar on Strategies for Knowledge and Skill Development in the Present Educational System: North East Perspective, organized by Dibru College, Dibrugarh on 22nd-23rd January. 2010.
- Participatedin the International Seminar on River, Society and Sustainable Development, organized by Dibrugarh University, during 26th - 29th May, 2011.
- Participated in the Workshop on “Vision: 2020 Assam” organized by the Department of Economics, Dibrugarh University, on 6th-7th December, 2005
- Participatedin the Workshop on “WTO: Outreach and Advocacy”, organized by the Department of Economics, Dibrugarh University, 24th and 25th March, 2006.
- Participated in the Distance Education Council (DEC), IGNOU, New Delhi sponsored 7-Day Workshop on Development of Self Learning Materials organized by the Directorate of Distance Education, Dibrugarh University from 18th to 24th January, 2012.
Participated in the 7-Days Workshop on Development of Self Learning Materials organized by the Directorate of Distance Education, Dibrugarh University from 15th to 21th June, 2015 and also developed 2 units of Self Learning Materials for the B. A. programme during this workshop.
- Served as a Lecturer in Economics (on lien) at D.C.B. Girls’ College, Jorhat, during August, 2005 - December, 2006.
- Have been working as Assistant Professor in Economics since 27th July, 2009 in the Centre for Juridical Studies, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh.
National merit scholarship in 1999.