Collaborations and Projects
Collaborations: New Collaborative Research Prorammes initiated during the year: National Botanical Research Institute-Lucknow; Central Toxicological Research Institute (CSIR) Lucknow and one project has been initiated for collaborative research with one public sector drug manufacturing unit.
List of Publications
Prof. L. K. Nath:
- Nath, L.K. and Dutta, S.K., “Extraction and Study of certain Physico-chemical Pro- perties of a New Proteolytic Enzyme from the Latex of Jatropha curcas Linn.”, Indian J. Pharm. Sci., 1988, 50(2) : 125-127.
- Nath, L.K. and Dutta, S.K., “Kinetic studies on Curcain, A Protease from the Latex of J. curcas Linn.”, Indian J. Pharm. Sci., 1989, 51(2) : 43-47.
- Nath, L.K. and Sharma, S.N.”Formulation of Sustained Release Dosage form of Bromhexine Hydrocloride” The Eastern Pharmacist,1991, XXXIV (404), 145-148.
- Nath, L.K. and Dutta, S.K., “Extraction and Purification of Curcain, a Protease from the Latex of J. curcas Linn.”, J. Pharm. Pharmacol., 1991, 43 : 111-114.
- Nath, L.K. and Dutta, S.K.,”Wound healing Response of the Proteolytic Enzyme Curcain”, Indian J. Pharmacol. 1992, 24 : 114-115.
- Chetia,D., Nath, L.K. and Dutta, S.K., “Extraction, Purification and Physico- chemi- cal Properties of a Proteolytic Enzyme from the Latex of Ficus hispida Linn”, Indian J. Pharm. Sci., 1999, 61(1) : 29-33.
- Chetia,D., Nath, L.K. and Dutta, S.K., “Purification and Characterization of a Pro- tease from Ficus hispida Linn.”, Indian J. Pharm. Sci., 2001, 63(2) : 132 - 136.
- Chetia,D., Nath,L.K. and Dutta,S.K., “Pharmacological Properties of a Protease from Ficus hispida Linn”, Ancient Science of Life, 2001, October,XXI (2) :99-110.
- Dash, S.K., Nath, L.K., Bhise, S., & Bhattacharya, S., “A Flavonoid from the roots of Heracleum nepalense D.Don”, Asian J. Chemistry, 18(2), 2006,1581-1582.
- Dash, S.K., Nath, L.K., Bhise, S., & Bhattacharya, S., “ Isolation & characterization of a Catechin Glycoside from the Leaves of Colebrookea oppositifolia Smith” J of Ethnomedicinal Research, 2006, 9, 161-163.
- Dash, S.K., Nath, L.K., Bhise, S. & Bhuyan, N. “Antioxidant and antibacterial potentiality of Heracleum nepalense D. Don”, Tropical J. Pharmaceutical Research, 2005;4(1),341-347.
- Dash, S.K., Nath, L.K., Bhise, S.,Kar,P. & Bhattacharya, S.,”Stimulation of immune function activity by the alcoholic root extract of Heracleum nepalense D. Don” Indian J. Pharmacol.,2006,38(5),336-340.
- Sutharson,L., Nath,L.K., Kar,P.K., Besra,s.E., and Joseph,R.V.” Anti-inflammatory and Anti-nociceptive activities of methanolic extract of the leaves of Fraxinus floribunda Wallich”,Afr. J. Trad, Comple. and Altern. Med., 2007 4(4), 01-06.
- Sutharson,L., Nath,L.K., Kar,P.K., Besra,s.E., and Joseph,R.V.” Anti-inflammatory and Anti- nociceptive activities of methanolic extract of the leaves of Biscofia javanica Blume on Experimental animals”, Asian J. Chemistry ,2007,19(6), 01-07.
- Ghosh,A., Nath,L.K., and Roy,P., “Effect of different acrylic polymers on Frusemide loaded calcium alginate micropellets prepared by Ionotropic gelation technique” Pharmacy On-Line-The International Forum for Pharmacy, April,2007, http://www.priory.com/pharmol.htm,01-13.
- Kar,P.K., Nath,L.K., Dash,S.K., Sutharson,L., and Nanda, B. ‘ Hepatoprotective Effect of the Ethanolic Extract of Urtica parviflora Roxb. In CCl4 Treated Rats”, International Journal of Pharmacology,2007,3(4),362-366.
- Ghosh,A., Nath,L.K., Dey,B.K. and Roy,P.,”A study on the effect of different polymers on frusemide loaded calcium alginate micropellets prepared by ionotropic gelation technique”Indian J.Pharm.Educ.Res.,2007(Oct-Dec),41(4),329-336.
- Dey,B.K., Nath,L.K.,Mohanti,B.,and Bhowmik, B.B. “ Development and Evaluation of Propranolol Hydrochloride Transdermal Patches by using Hydrophilic and Hydrophobic Polymer”Indian J. Pharm. Educ. Res.2007 (Oct-Dec),41(4),388-393.
Prof. A. K. Dolui
- Preference of alternate host plants byh Helopeltis theivora Waterhouse and their susceptibility to plant extract. Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci., India, 75(B), III, 2005, 181-185.
- Antifeedent properties of some plant extracts against tea mosquito bug, Helopeltis theivora Waterhouse. J. Ento, Res., 2004, 24(4), 1-4.
- Toxicological study of plant extracts on termite and laboratyory animals. J.Environ. Biol., 2005, 26(2), 239-241.
- Effect of Polygonum hydropiper on oviposition and hatching rate of Tribolium castaneum (HBST)., Geobios, 2004, 31(1), 9-12.
- Antimalarial drug – Cinchona : Preseent scenario in India In : Management of Natural Resources for Better Health Care. Edited by A. K Dolui et.al. Pub: Dibrugarh University, 2002, pp.13-18.
- Indigenous herbal drugs from Meghalaya, India In: Management of Natural Resources for Better Health Care. Edited by A.K.Dolui et.al. Pub: Dibrugarh University, 2002, pp. 73-81.
- Effect of some plant extracts on tea mound buildinig termite, Odontotermes assamensis Holm. In: Management of Natural Resources for Better Health Care. Edited by A.K.Dolui et.al. Pub: Dibrugarh University, 2002, pp. 82-87.
- Bio-efficacy of Clerodendrum siphonenthus against pulse betel collosobruchus chinensis (Coleoptera: Bruchidae). Proc. Nat Acad. Sci., India, 2001, 71B(III) & (IV), 233-238.
- Efficacy of Pogostemon parviflorus and Clorodendron siphonenthus extracts on some major stored grain pests. J. Esophysiol. Occup. Hlth., 2001, 1, 35-41.
- Traditional Medicinal Plants in Mozoram, India, Fitoterapia, 2001, 72, 146-161.
- Phytochemical screening of some folklore medicinal plant samples from Mizoram, India, Res. J. Chemn. Environ., 1999, 3, 77-79.
- Folklore medicinal plants of Nagaland, India, Fitoterapia, 1999, 70, 395-401.
- Histopathological studies on toxicity of citrinin and MT-81 in mice. Ind. J. Nat. Prodl, 1994, 10, 3-7.
- Mahua fat in Suppositoryt bases, Ind. J. Pharm. Sci., 1988, 50, 33-35.
- Mahua fat in Ointment bases, Ind. J. Pharm. Sci., 1988, 50, 36-38.
- Some enzymes and substrates of Embden-Mayerhof pathway of different tissues and related hormones of mycotoxin MT-81 treated mice, Ind. J. Exptl, Biol.,1988,26, 315-322.
- Lipid spectrum in different tissues of Citrinin treated mice. Ind. J. Exptl. Biol., 1987, 25, 458-462.
- Changes of lipid spectrum in differfnent tissues of Furadan treated mice. Toxicology, 1986, 38, 69-79.
- Effect of the mycotoxin Citrinin treatment on some hormones and on enzymes and substrates of the Embden-Matyehof pathway in mice. Toxicon, 1986, 24, 519-522.
- Lipid spectrum in different Tissues of MT-81 toxin treated mice. Toxicology, 1985, 37, 247-257.
Mr. A. K. Saikia
- Essential oil composition of leaves and fruits of Litsea cubeba Pers. grown in upper Assam region of India, Bulletin of Life Sciences, vol. XIV, 2008.
- Essential oil composition of leaves and fruits of Hyptis suavealens(L). grown in upper Assam region of North East India, Bulletin of Life Sciences, vol. XIV, 2008.
Dr. S. K. Ghosh
- Separation of triglyceride and cyanolipid fraction from Sapindus mukorossi Gaertn. Seed oil, Indian Drugs, 41(12), 2004.
Dr. S. Das
- Effect of leaf extract from C. colebrokianum on hematological parameters and hepato-renal functions in mice.(Research article), Gupta, M. Mazumdar, U.K. and Das, Sanjib, Ind. J. of Exp. Biology, Vol. 12, 1994.
- Effect of leaf extract from C. colebrokianum on B.P on rats. (Research article), Gupta, M. Mazumdar, U.K. and Das, Sanjib, Ind. J. of Exp. Biology, Vol. 12, 1994.
- Effect of leaf extract from C. colebrokianum on C.N.S function on mice. (Research article), Gupta, M. Mazumdar, U.K. and Das, Sanjib, Ind. J. of Exp. Biology, Vol. 12, 1998
Dr. A. Bhattacharya
- Invitro estimation of Defoming activity of simethicone, S.C.Basak & A. Bhattacharya, Indian Drugs, vol. 27, No.10: 1990, 535 -536.
- Permeation kinetics of ketotifen fumurate alone and in combination with hydrophobic permeation enhancers through human cadaver epidermis, A. Bhattacharya &S.K Ghosal,Bolletino Chimico Farmaceutico, vol. 139, No. 4, 2000,177 – 181.
- Effect of hydrophobic permeation enhancers on the release and skin permeation kinetics from matrix type transdermal Drug deliverysystems of ketotifenfumarate, A. Bhattacharya & S.K. Ghosal Acta Poloniae Pharmaceutica–Drug Research, vol. 58, No. 2, 2001,101-105.
- Validation of Dissolution Test ,A.Bhattachary, The Pharma Review Vol. 1, No. 3, 2003, 21 -22.
- Computer Assisted Drug Design,A.Bhattacharya,Pharma Times,Vol.35, No.75, 2003.
- Transdermal Delivery of Trazodone Hydrochloride from acrylic films prepared from aqueous latex,M.K.Das, A.Bhattacharya and S.K. Ghosal, Indian Journa of Pharmaceutical Sciences, January-February 2006,7 12 41-46.
- Effect of different Terpene-Containing essential oils on percutaneous absoption of Trazodone hydrochloride through mouse epidermis,M.K.Das, A.Bhattacharya and S.K. Ghosal Drug Delivery,13:425-431, 2006 ,425-431.
- Evaluation of Assam Bora Rice starch as a possible natural mucoadhesive polymer in formulation of microparticulate control drug delivery systems N.K.Sachan and A.Bhattacharya,Journal of Assam Science Society,Vol.47,Dec.2006,34-41.
- Formulation and characterisation of multiple emulsions of sodium salicylate using processed jack fruit latex as a natural emulsifier,Praveen Shende and A.Bhattacharya, Journal of Pharmaceutical research, Vol.5,No.4,oct.2006,131-136.
- Development and release study from mucoadhesive beads of natural Ispaghula husk- sodium alginate backbone containing metformin Hydrochloride,V.K.Sharma and A. Bhattacharya Accepted for publication in Journal ofAssam Science Society On January 2007.
- Health benefits of tea consumption,VKSharma, A.Bhattacharya,A Kumar and HK Sharma,Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, Sept.2007:6(3),785-792.
- Psyllium Husk as a hydrophilic matrix agent for the release of a model drug, VKSharma and A.Bhattacharya, Asian journal of Bioscience,Vol.2.No.1&2, 2007,156-162.
- Assesment of rice bran as a possible bioadhesive polymer for modified drug delivery, VKSharma and A.Bhattacharya, International Journal of Plant Science Vol.3.No.1, Jan.2008, 126-131.
- Release of Metformin Hydrochloride from Ispaghula-Sodium Alginate beads adhered on cock intestinal mucosa, VKSharma and A.Bhattacharya, Ind.Journal of Pharmaceutical Education & Research Vol.42(4) Oct,-dec.Vol.42(4), 2008, 185-190.
- Release characterization of Glipizide from Isabgol husk hydrogel, VKSharma and A.Bhattacharya, Journal of Assam Science Society,Vol.48,June.2008, 01-07.
Dr. D. Chetia (Updated information under Faculty)
Dr. B. Mazumder:
- Formulation and evaluation of matrix microspheres for simultaneous delivery of salbutamol sulphate and theophylline, L Pachuau, S Sarkar and B Mazumder. Tropical Journal of pharmaceutical Research, June 2008; 7(2): 995-1002.
- “Prion Protein: -The Novel Pathogenand Associated Diseases” - Sanjib Bhattacharya, Bhaskar Mazumder “The Pharma Review” October 2006 (p 96-100).
- Pharmacokinetic drug-drug interactions: It’s implications on the physiological action of the body, B. Mazumder, K. Bera ,Pharmatimes, March 2007 (p 28-31).
- Mathematical correlation for determining the flow rate of formulation granules through conical hopper”. Conference journal of Chemical Engineering conference (CHEMCON 2007 ) organized by Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers.
- Low-Frequency Sonophoresis: Potential Strategy in Transdermal Drug Delivery” – B. Mazumder, S. Bhattacharya, M. K. Sarkar ,The Pharma Review” August 2007 (p 123-26).
Dr. M. K. Das:
- Transdermal Delivery of Trazodone Hydrochloride from acrylic films prepared from aqueous atex, M.K. Das, A.Bhattacharya and S.K.Ghosal, IndianJourna of Pharmaceutical Sciences, January-February 2006,7 12 41-46.
- Effect of different Terpene-Containing essential oils on percutaneous absoption of Trazodone hydrochloride through mouse epidermis, M.K.Das, A.Bhattacharya and S.K.Ghosal Drug Delivery,13:425-431, 2006 ,425-431.
- Evaluation of Furosemide-loaded Alginate Microspheres prepared by ionotropic external Gelation Technique, Acta Pol. Pharm.,2007 Vol 64(3), Page-253-262.
- Formulation and Ex vivo Evaluation of Rofecoxib Gel for Topical Application, Acta Pol. Pharm., 2007 Vol 63(5), Page-461-467.
- Evaluation of Diltiazem Hydrochloride-Eloaded Mucoadhesive Microspheres prepared by Emulsification-Internal Gelation Technique, Acta Pol. Pharm., 2008 Vol 65(2), Page-249-259.
- Skin Permeation Enhanchement Effects of Ascorbic Asid and Triethyl Citrate on Rofecoxib. Malaysian J. Pharm. Science, 2008 Vol 6 (In press).
H. K. Sharma
- Traditional medicinal Plants in Mizoram, India, H.K. Sharma, Lalrampari Chhangte, A.K. Dolui, Fitoterapia, 72, 146-161 (2001).
- Folk Herbal remedies from Meghalaya, India, A.K. Dolui, H.K. Sharma, Theresia Breen Marein, Tc. Lalriatpuii, Indian J. Traditional Knowledge, 3(4), 358-364 (2004).
- Folk Herbal recipes from mahmora of Sivasagar District, Assam, India, B.K. Acharyya, H.K. Sharma, Indian J. Traditional Knowledge, 3(4), 365-372 (2004).
- Antimycotic effects of essential oil of leaves of Artemisia nilagirica L. A. Kaushik, J.J. Kaushik, A. Das and V. Saini, Indian Perfumer, 49(4), 515-517 (2005).
- Antibacterial activity of Inula cuspidate leaves. Nida Akhtar, Mohd. Ali, Aparoop Das, Indian J. of Natural Products, 22(3), 33-34, 2006.
- Antiinflammatory activities of Cleome isocandra seed oil in experimental animal models. Aparoop Das, Atul Kaushik, Jeevan Jyoti and Veerma Ram., Universities J. phytochemistry and Ayurvedic Heights., 2(1), 11-13 (2006).
- New Di- and Triterpenoic compounds from Ipomoea hederaceae seeds; Journal of Saudi Chemical Society, vol-9, No-1, p. 161-170 (2005).
- Essential Oil composition of Flowers of Eucalyptus citriodora Hook.; Journal of Essential Oil Bearing Plants; vol-7, No.2, P. 160-164 (2004).
- Pharmacognostic studies of the trunk bark of Machilus bombycina (Persia bombycina) King ex Hook. f.; Bulletin of Life Sciences, vol- XIV,(2008)-a research journal of life sciences, Department of Life Sciences, Dibrugarh University.
- Protective effect of Neoalsomitra clavigera in chemical and stress induced gastric mucosal lesion in rats, Pharmacologyonline 1: 294-299(2008).
- Essential oil composition of leaves and fruits of Litsea cubeba grown in upper Assam region of India, Bulletin of Life Sci, Vol-XIV 2008.
- Antimicrobial and antioxident activities of Callistemon Unearis DC leaf extracts, Pharmacology online 3:875-881 (2008) Antibacterial, antidiarrhoeal and ulcer-protective activity of methanolic extract of spondias mangifera bank, Internatinal Journal of Health Research, 1 (4):177 – 182, Dec’2008.
1. The Department publishes ‘Current Trends in Pharmaceutical Science’, A biannual Research Journal
2. The Dept. houses the office of the IPA, Assam State Branch.
3. ‘Pharma News Letter’, a quarterly news letter is published by IPA, Assam State Branch.
4. Contact address for further communication:
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh-786004
Email: [email protected]